Friday 17 August 2012

Rave Review- The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in Satsuma.

I know how much The Body Shop had publicized the new Beautifying Oils with their attractive advertisements! I couldn't resist but got one my self even I knew I had no need to get such an expensive oil. I dint burn a hole in my pocket, but rather got my cousin gift me on my b'day
The Body Shop Beautifying Oil is such a rave! & i got it in the Satsuma flavor.

What Beautifying Oil says?

Beautifying Oil is pure beauty in a bottle. Made with a lightweight blend of nut oils including Community Fair Trade marula oil, it gives instant hydration and a shimmering finish. This one smells of fresh satsuma.
  • A little goes a long way
  • Fresh satsuma scent
Its main ingredient is Marula Oil. This  comes from the Eudafano Women’s Co-operative in Namibia. Marula fruits are hand-selected, the nuts are extracted and dried in the sun. The kernels are cold-pressed to release the oil. 

How To use?
Smooth onto skin and run a few drops through your hair for a lustrous finish

Full Ingredients
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent),Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil (Emollient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (Antioxidant), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus Unshiu Fruit Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Antioxidant).

Price: Rs 895/-

Qty: 100ml 
Shelf Life: 31 months 

Packaging: It comes in a very attractive golden bottle. I wish they had a pump or a spray dispenser. Because this flip cap doesn't works at all. After re-capping it a drop of oil always flows out!

What I say?
Its is a light-weight oil. Non greasy. Can be used on face, hair & body.
I was restraining myself from using it on my face, because as you know i'm a little acne prone & blessed with an oily t-zone! But I though I need to review this product so i have to use it & experience it.
I used 5-6 drops on my face before sleeping. It felt moisturized & hydrated but slight oily. It sunk in to my skin &  It dint stain my pillow covers. In the morning i woke up with 3 smallest white zits near my cheek & jaw are. I thought i may or may not be the oil, i wasn't sure. I tried it again on my face after few days & yet the oil caused those tiny zits which only stayed for a day. In the morning my face look gleaming with brightness. Now that's a + point! 

I used this oil on my body at night before sleeping instead of a lotion & it works great as a moisturizer. It softens the skin & leaves it with a shimmering glowing finish. Skin looks healthy & nice. It leaves no greasy feeling.

For hair i tried using it half way on my hair working towards the ends. It makes them look healthy & shinny. Its an instant make your hair look healthy solution. It also give them a nice subtle scent. It does not make them oily & sticky. I also use it on my hair just after the shower

I had great hopes for this oil, but its not working for me. I wouldn't repurchase it again.

Pros:
  • brightens skin
  • skin looks healthy
  • leaves skin with a shimmery glowy finish
  • makes hair look healthy & shinny
  • smells pleasant
Cons:
  • broke me out
  • expensive
  • wish they had different dispenser
Overall Verdict: Its not a miracle product for me. Its definitely over hyped. It works good on my hair. Dry skin beauties may like it to use on their face. Someone who has very dry skin on their bodies may not like this as its does nor provides hydration
I don't recommend it but you my give it a try. It may work for you!

Rate: 3/5

Have you tried The Body Shop Beautifying Oils yet?
Hope my thoughts helped you to make your decision!

12 comments:

  1. gud...review rimmi...I hv also heard a lot abt this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... I am weighing the pros and the cons. You girls always get in into dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Moringa oil and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might just want to try this but i got my spa ceylon body oil to use up first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! it may or may not work for u. ul end up having love-hate relatn with this..

      Delete
  5. The oil is very rich in the essential fatty acids, vitamins, antioxidants and amino acid. All these elements make Black cumin seed oil perfect as a daily skin moisturizer. Also, it protects skin from wrinkles and premature aging.

    Olive Oil For Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...