Tuesday 25 September 2012

Concealer 101| My Concealer Routine For eyes!

Hey gurls!
Il be sharing with you all how I use my concealers for the eyes & what products I use. This is a much requested post by alot of my friends.





Garnier Light Anti Dark Circle Eye Roll On: I use this 1st on my under eyes & lids after I moisturize my eye area. I use my ring finger to spread it evenly. It becomes a good base to put a concealer on top. Somedays when im in hurry I never forget to use this. It instantly brightens up the eye area. I also use it over the Colorbar Instant Coverup Stick under the eye area, & it gives that highlighted look. When im in no mood for make up I never forget to roll atleast this under my eyes.

NYX Concealer In A Jar: I have this in the shade medium. This is a great base for eyeshadows. It has the perfect consistency to stay on the eyes & hold the pigments of the eyeshadow. It conceals well at the same time. It has a slight pink under undertone so I don't use it under the eye are. It looks a bit ashy. & it doesn't covers up the blemishes of my face too well, so its best used as eyeshadow base.

Colorbar Instant Coverup Stick: This is in the shade caramel. I use in under the eye area daily. It is easy to use, blends well over the Anti Dark Circle Eye Roll On. It doesn't creases on me. But you have to set it with some powder to make it last long. It has yellow undertones so all the darkness of under is cancelled out. It gives a good coverage too.

I use the above 3 combination on daily basis..


NYX HD Photogenic Concealer: This is in the shade Tan. I use this on my eye area for extra coverage instead of the Colorbar Instant Coverup Stick mostly during some occasions or on some days when I want to look like "It Girl". I use this on my blemishes, any unevenness of the skin color. It covers up anything. This is my most favorite.

Krylon Supracolor Concealer: This was the 1st yellow concealer that i had got to cover the under eyes & its become my last to reach for. I never knew that it can be very tricky to use as back in the days when i was working in the TV industry I saw the make up artists doing magic with this one. & I knew I should have it too! It can be use for medium to heavy coverage under the eyes only. It cant be used on face for blemishes or discoloration as it looks very cakey. Its very yellow so u cant skip the foundation over it. It crease a bit after sometime. But when used a light hand its quiet ok.

Some swatches..
Garnier Light Anti Dark Circle Roll On, NYX Concealer In A Jar, Colorbar Instant Cover Up Stick, NYX HD Photogenic, Concealer, Krylon Supracolor
blended lightly..
Garnier Light Anti Dark Circle Roll On, NYX Concealer In A Jar, Colorbar Instant Cover Up Stick, NYX HD Photogenic, Concealer, Krylon Supracolor

You can see alot of different shades of concealers, thats because you need a different type concealer for different part of the face. I love most of these & it works perfect for me. But im on a constant hunt for a much better concealer. Hope you got an idea whats my concealer routine is!
Do let me know if you have any questions! Il be happy to answer them! Or drop me an email shourimaghosh@gmail.com.

Hope you liked this post!



26 comments:

  1. Me liking the Photogenic concealer. Kryolan is way too yellow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya it is.. you need alot of foundation to cover it up. i love photogenic its my fav!

      Delete
  2. colorbar stick concealer is my to go concealer too..love the texture, pigmentation, staying power ..everything..its the best drug store concealer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya thts great but not that great for oily face. it doesnt stays.

      Delete
  3. i am using loreal true match concealer and thts really awsome..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ive heard about it, would try it after some of this gets over. thanks gurl!

      Delete
  4. nice post rimmi...u always write good posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank u so much smi! & u always like my posts! :)

      Delete
  5. Very informative post shourima! Im eyeing the nyx hd concealer. But getting the right shade is tough when it comes to online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks alot! ya the hd concealer is my best one! ya dnt buy it online..

      Delete
  6. nice post ! i ll try d nyx concealer ... looks good

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think u can play good with concealer palettes..nice post

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really needed info regardin how to conceal under eye darknes....Thnq soo much fr this post..has helped me out alot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im planning to do a post about it! thanks alot gurl! glad i cud help u!

      Delete
  9. nice post rim..i liked the colorbar concealer

    ReplyDelete
  10. shourima ur sweetheart ya!! thnx for d post. Garnier roll on is my fav too. nxt on my list is colorbar stick. going to buy tomorrow only :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks alot gurls! i was waiting for your comment! roll on is great! sure get it thats great too!

      Delete
  11. I used the colorbar stick concealer.. its good.. but now I feel nyxhd is better than that.. kryolan looks scary

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanx 4 d post.. will try colorbar concealer.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. liked reading this post... i have never used concealer before... shall wait for ur post on under-eye concealing... which one would be a good brand to start with - for dry skin, should be good quality with staying power, and affordably priced...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks alot! try the nyd hd, it will suit n will fit in budget.

      Delete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...