Wednesday 31 October 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder- Review

Hey Gurls!
Today's review will be of one of my favorite makeup products... i.e the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.



What it says...
MATTIFYING PRESSED POWDER FOR UP TO 5HRS OF WEAR
No chance to shine with Stay Matte Powder. Goes on smooth to even out skintone. Offers a natural, matte finish. You won't go without it!



Price: Rs 195/- for 14g

What I say...
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder comes in a wheat gold color flat pan  with a transparent lid. Im in the shade 10 Warm Honey. It doesn't comes with a mirror or a sponge. The lid sit on the pan very lightly so it makes it very unsafe for travel. Its available in 5-6 shades.
It is has the slightest hint of micro shimmers that cant be seen at all when worn. It has a very smooth silky texture when touched. It has a very light to medium coverage.

I use a large fluffy brush to give a quick swirls all over my face & an extra dusting on the T-Zone. It sets my foundation  & concealers well. It keeps me matte for 4-5hours. After 5 long hours of wear  I just get a tad bit shine on my T zone after that.
It has to patted lightly on the skin if you use a powder puff or sponge, as it may look a little powdery. It blends well & settle on my skin & gives a very natural matte look. Unlike some matte products gives me a plastic unnatural matte look. If you can understand what I mean :P

Pros:
  • Keeps matte for 5+ hours
  • blends well
  • smooth texture
  • light to medium coverage (may be con for some)
  • gives a good natural matte finish
  • inexpensive

Cons:
  • has to be used with a light hand
  • may get chalky for some
  • not travel friendly
  • comes without a mirror & sponge >_<
  • darker shades not available
Verdict: Its is becoming my HG powder! It does what it claims! It keep me oil free for 5+ hours & Im very happy with it!  I really don't mind that it doesn't have a sponge with it as I am using my old pressed powder's sponges for it. Yes it had a draw back that I cant travel with it, but still i carry it in my bag where it has a small pouch. So it stays safe in it!
Very dark beauties, MAC NC 45+  may not find their shade as its more on the lighter shade ranges.

Available at: Parcos, Infinity Malad & R Mall, Central- Thane.

Hope you liked this review! Have you tried Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder yet?
Let me know if you have found your HG powder ?


31 comments:

  1. am glad u reviewed it..i was about to pick it up..i saw it n left it coz ther was no sponge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh.. its a grt product if u have oily skin. I think u should get it!

      Delete
    2. ya i hav oily skin but then the packaging was a bit flimsy to carry around..the lid wasnt too tight..:(

      Delete
    3. ya! :/ thats a major drawback!

      Delete
  2. sounds good, I love Rimmel products!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. S where sis you get the Rimmel Powder from? I want one rightaway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its available near my place nive! hope it gets launched soon in Kol too!

      Delete
  4. hey shou
    i love rimmel prodcuts..will try this one for sure..
    nice review <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with u its not travel friendly..i packed it for my india trip..now it is like so many pieces...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww!!! bad! put a band around it when you travel!

      Delete
  6. this one looks good.. i have dry skin.. u thin it wud suit me too... well, availability in India is now making these rimmel products all the more tempting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup it is very tempting!
      well if u have dry patches then it may highlight those, but u may use it with a light dusting over your t zone area if only it get a bit shine.

      Delete
  7. Hey Rimi Nice review dear...this available in online stores??

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have combination skin also oilyness depends on what the weather is ?? ... is it good enough fr me?? Also does it provide any coverage or it just controls the oilyness?? fr 195/- nt bad i guess!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you shud get this one. its give sheer coverage, keeps oil away & sets the foundation! what more would an oily gurl need??? lol

      Delete
  9. Isn't Parcos that perfume place?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds good for the cost.. where in infinity mall shourima??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have also used this and worked pretty good for me since i got it as a great from my masi(aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This product is worth a try!! for 195/- its quiet promising.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, what is the shade you bought? i checked their website and there are only 6 shades ... which one you used? Thanks in advance :)

    http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/face/stay-matte-pressaed-powder

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...