Thursday 29 November 2012

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner- Review

Hey Gurls..
Today Il be reviewing a toner which most of us girls have used it! Its The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner. 

What It says..

This refreshing toner for blemished skin gives a beautifully matte, shine-free finish. Removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities Mattifying powders leave skin shine-free Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin
  • Removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities
  • Mattifying powders leave skin shine-free
  • Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin
FULL INGREDIENTS
Water, Alcohol Denat., Corn Starch Modified, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Limonene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, t-Butyl Alcohol, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Caramel, Yellow 5, Blue 1.

Price: Rs 620/-


What I say..
I have been using this since 4 months now. & A few more uses out of this & it will be empty.
this toner comes in the patent The Body Shop bottle. It smells exactly like the Tea Tree oil but a little less strong. It is a light green color toner & there is some product that stays on the bottom of the bottle so you have to shake it up & then pour some on a cotton pad/ ball.

I was liking it in the beginning. It deep clean my skin, makes it feel refreshed. I was amazed to see how much make up & dirt was still on my face after washing the face.
When used for the 1st time I had a burning sensation on my whole face especially near the nose where i always have dry & sensitive skin. It also makes my face hot.. literally. & also when I apply the moisturizer it stays hot for few more seconds. I had read after using it 2 -3 times it doesn't burns.. but mine still burns & tingles. It helped to remove the acne till a certain extent. Makes skin feel refreshed & tight, because of Alcohol!( I recently discovered) But it does not helps to clear the blemishes.
There is alot of product that they give & now my skin has become immune to it. I thought that it will become my HG toner but it dint work on me that well. Its is a good product over all but not a miracle product.

Pros:
  • cleans well
  • helps to clear acne till a certain extent
  • refreshes the skin
  • keeps me matte for 2-3 hours
  • will last for a very long time
  • shelf life of 3 years
Cons:
  • burns & irritates my skin
  • the smell may irritate some
  • expensive
  • not suitable for sensitive/dry skin
  • doesn't helps to fade blemishes
  • Doesn't prevents future break outs
Verdict: This is a hit or a miss product for some. They should come up a smaller size packaging too so that everyone may give it a try. I had thought this may work wonders for me! but it turned out Im not liking it so much!

Do let me know if you have tried this or liked it? & toner suggestions for oily/ acne prone skin required!!!
Hope this review helped you!

16 comments:

  1. Hi.. I had the same issue... made my skin burn especially near the eye... the smell is so strong... OMG... I struggled to finsih it as it was expensive... I now use Joves its cheap But its good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya! i totally hate this product now! waiting for it to get over..

      Delete
  2. I have the facewash which I got because I friend said it was good But it turned out to be a complete dud!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i too have tried it! its total dud!!! seriously

      Delete
  3. i like it! mainly bcoz it has cured my blackhead problem to a large extent ! otherwise its a normal toner i feel! nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what other toners have u used? i feel our skin types r very similar ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i have used the clinique 3 step anti blemish toner i have the full review of this.., 1 nivea visage & himalaya one..

      Delete
  5. o>M>G i had heard all good things bout this one !! will stay away! am currently loving my Neutrogena toner. Have you tried Aroma Magic Aromatic Toner?? Its really good and non alcholic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya this is a total duh for me!
      i have heard good things about the neutrogena one... but that is for blackheads na? i dont get any.. i try the aroma magic one.. thanks!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. hey thanks can you tell me the specific name?

      Delete
  7. shou i had v bad experience with TBS products...thank god i bought them in 50 % sale..
    seriously i dnt like any of their product...
    very nice review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya??? i like all tbs stuffs except this this one..

      Delete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...