Sunday 22 July 2012

My Make up collection & Storage│A little childhood story.

Hey All,
I have been collection make up for quiet a long time now. & I also have figured out quiet a decent storage for them.
I love doing make up!!! Im a makeup addict! As my mom & everyone in the family says that i loved make up so much that i used to use my moms kajal & lipstick when i was may be just 3 yrs old!!! Ofcourse i don't remember anything about that.. but im pretty sure that my LOVE for make up must have started from that time itself! I used to wear my mom's dupatta as a saree, scribble lipstick on my mouth put some red round bindi, wear my moms jewellery & bangles that used to fit in my arms & i used to roam around in the house.. this is the story told by my Pishimuni (Dad's sister) & Didu (Granny). I imagine how i must have looked!

So as promised yesterday (on Facebook) that i will show my collection & storage as i will be cleaning my shelf today. Here Im with my baby..
P.S. Im not bragging or flaunting my collection. I just have a decent amount of collection & i would love to share it with you guys (only pictures haha). & Im very proud of it.

Also note: Its a picture heavy post. Please be patient.


so lets start with this lil drawer..
I got this from Malad for 150/- buck! haha can you believe that??? Its a cute lil 4 drawer stores in Pink color (ofcourse) & alot of make up gets inside even if its little! ( i made it more cute by adding those fluffy heart stickers)
I'm looking for a little bigger drawers.. which is clear acrylic. You know how Muji Storage has their stuffs. But unfortunately we don't have Muji here in India so i'm on a hunt for a better a bigger storage.
As Ikea is coming to India by this year end, hope to find some good storage options there!

So here's my 1st drawer..

I basically keep all my single eyeshadows here. I have alot of VOV & Miss Claire single E/S.

Here is the 2nd drawer up close..


 I keep all the palettes, few single e/s & 1 sharpener here..
Some are the the korean unbranded palettes, 1 fake MAC palettes (for your info: it was a gift!, i would no have bought fake MAC Haha!) . You see the palette in the right corner, it was my 1st e/s palette. Its a brand called Cameleon! Never heard right? yeah..

My 3rd drawer has all the face stuffs.. concealers, blushes, pressed powders,bronzer & highlighter..
 A generous display of all..

You see the small container? its a sample from Clinique anti Blemish Foundation. I love it but don't use it right now. Probably i have become dark or the foundation has changed color! Il try using it in the winters.
I have  a cutest twist up blush brush from Estee Lauder. Its not mine it was my mom's.. hehe.. I still use it! Its awesome! & also an old Estee Lauder mascara wand to tame my brows.

The 4th & last drawer has my liquid liners, brow kit, eye lash adhesive, some perfumes, lipbalms & my 1st Lakme Pressed powder (i don't use it any more) & also my 1st lipgloss from Maybelline , i dint threw it away as i have some emotional attachment with it as it was my 1st!!! haha.. & also my 1st masacra the Define-a-Lash from maybelline again! I have my emotional attachments with this lil guy too!
I dont know why but i can never throw away my "1st" things? Do you have this emotional attachment too??? let me know.. so il not think if im the only weirdo living!


 So here i show you the eye pencil & lip pencil stash.. I keep all pencils together in a glass. It was actually a whiskey glass, one day i was getting bored & i wanted to paint something with acrylic color.. So my dad gave me this glass. I was in school then, I first used as my pen/pencil holder, then when school college ended i converted to again pencil holder but a cosmetic one! Nice Na!
 
 all the pencils together..

here is a close up of what i painted when i was a kiddo..

In this metal frame i keep all the things that doesn't fits in the drawers. Earlier I used to keep my lippies here.. (see photo).

 I keep my 5 new MUA single e/s, Clinique moisture surge tinted moisturizer, Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral finishin powder, & NYX bronzer.

My brushes..
I keep it in a wooden holder. I will be changing the holder soon as all the brushes are stacked together. Need something new.


& here in this tub i keep my mascaras. Earlier i kept my mascaras in the 3rd drawers but since it was full, & there was no space i shifted it here. This is my 2nd cosmetic storage tub. See the haul Here.
I also keep my new True Match foundation, bourjois kabuki brush, more lipsticks, nail paint remover here..



& this is my 1st cosmetic storage tub. i got it from Home Stop. All my lippies & few tools rest here.

My audrey's eyelash curler, 2 tweezers, 1 black heaqd remover (no i dont have black head, i use it to remove dead cells from around my mouth & nose, you should keep 1 too!) & nail filer.
 
 Tadadaaaaaaaaa!!!!
My lipstick collection!!!!!!!


& here i end my Collection & storage post!
Oh man.. this post took alot of time!!!
Hope you liked my collection! i know you must have a better collection than mine.. but i love sharing things with you guys..
If you have any collection posts of yours, do post a link below..would love to see it!

Trivia: I love watching make up collection videos on Youtube! Do you?

& ya il do a detailed posts of every collection that i have.. stay tuned!

Love,
Shourima.

41 comments:

  1. wow!! u have really neatly stacked ur make up stuff yar..and i gotto to show this to the hubby...he thinks i got too much make up!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. all the boyfriend & hubbys think the same! sure show him & let me know what he think about it!

      Delete
  2. lovely collection & neatly organised!!! one question though - who gifted you fake MAC!!!???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! just a friend who doesnt have so much knowledge about makeup!

      Delete
  3. awesome collection ... loved it....
    And as i commented on facebook.. loved the pink drawer ...
    Planning on getting one... do u remember where exactly u purchased it from in malad ??? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks alot! you get these near the nataraj market.. the road which goes towards the subway..

      Delete
    2. thanks a lot... will go there soon...

      and i forgot to mention.. even my first E/S palette was the Cameleon.. Even though its expired still kept it...First Love Syndrome :P

      Delete
    3. sure! do share a pic with me after u get it! i know 1st love syndrome!!! haha..

      Delete
  4. thats a good collection shourima :) loved the hearts in the drawer :) and for 150 bucks its definitely a steal :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I used to think I have maximum number of eye pencils :)
    nice collection... I am going to look at it again and again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! thanks u sooo much! this is my prized possession!

      Delete
  6. Superb collection! & I have heard about & have seen the Cameleon palettes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cameleon is an average product.. & thanks alot!

      Delete
  7. my god...what a collection! :O :O :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa Shourima!! What a lovely collection and good you managed to organize your stuff!! Mine is too disorganized and the lack of space adds up to the woe!
    Where did you get so many MUA products? Looks like you have got hold of all the VOV shadows available. :D I love them too. I have heard of Chameleon. They make good quiality makeups at low price, like VOV you may say.
    The photos are lovely too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup atlast i got everything managed! sigh of relief!! but im still hunting for a better organizer. my friend from uk got mua stuffs for me.. cameleon is quiet an average product, but vov is much better quality wise..

      Delete
  9. Awesome collection girl..I toh keep on removing stuff and then dey are all disorganised again..in a few days..and its a pain to arrange everything again.. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya i know !even i go thru the same situation, but i make it a point to organize everything once a week , if i dont then its a mess & takes alot of time for me when i get ready in the morning to go to office!!!

      Delete
  10. Neatly organised shournima :) ......Even mine get dis organised very soon and also I have to keep all my stuffs away from my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. as i went reading on the post.. i totally forgot its abt storage & started imagining it as a huge haul.... :D

    drooliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.... :D

    awesome collection u have & very neat storage... :) i too have a similar drawer like your with 3 trats though..

    well i have been planning to do a post on my small makeup collection...nothing in front of urs for sure...

    Herez a post on my bangle collection though.. http://healthnbeauty-hnb.blogspot.in/2012/06/my-bangle-collection.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheeeeee!!!!! put up your post soon! would love to see it! :)

      Delete
  12. hey thats a pretty collection.... i do recognise a lot of stuff frm this as the stuff i hv got is similar to urs and is available at beauty shop, kandivali..... those vov aqua rouge lipsticks are a dud as they taste so bad :( ..... disaster!!!!
    so i guess ur from Mumbai right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes im from mumbai & i too shop from beauty shop, kandivli! nice to know you nats!

      Delete
    2. vow that's nice,... i stay at mira road and u??? i am a frequent shopper at kandivali beauty centre :p
      if u r using a bbm phn u cn add me on ur list!!! or we cn chat via whats app??? ill send u a message on facebook.....tk cr

      Delete
    3. no i dnt use bb or any apps currently.. we can sure chat on fb

      Delete
    4. yeah no worries... !!! those vov aqua rouge lipsticks... i hate them... hw did u find them???? coz i had got 2 of them 150 each from borivali moksh plaza n there ws expiry date n stuff on it bt the smell....... yuck!!!!
      what has been ur experience

      Delete
  13. This collection is pretty awesme..... drooling over the MUA stuff :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. woww..i dont know how i missed this post..lovely collection and organisation too

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say Ur collection is awesome shourima...the way u sorted its well appreciated...loved all Ur collection ...I love MUA eye shadows I will buy them v soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u so much tej! i too like the mua e/s ! thy r gud..

      Delete
  16. oh my gosh!!!OMG!!! u have such a huge stash!! i dont know where to start..oh boy..im officially drooling!! i loved how u converted the pen holder for ur pencils..looks so cute now! n even my first palette was from cameleon but i threw it away cuz it sucked so much!! gosh..im still in shock :o
    i just have one word for this

    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe!! glad u liked it lee!
      it seems evry1's 1st was cameleon.. ya but its crappy!

      Delete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...