Thursday 2 May 2013

Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder- Review!

Hey Gurls!
Today I'm here with product that got over hyped when Makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic used it on Kim K in a makeup video. Its the Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder.

What It Says..
these ultra-neutral powders provide superior matte and subtle finishing. 

Price: Rs 600/- for 42gms

What I Say...
Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder comes in plastic container with a black twist up cap. The mouth has a sifter so that you can control how much product you need.


The texture of this powder is very fine & smooth. Its a yellow powder which is finely milled. I sift the powder into the cap & use my Real Techniques Contour brush to swirl into it & set the under eye concealer & also dust off on the T zone with what is left on the brush.
You need less amount of this product to set the concealer. It doesn't has a powdery finish or doesn't looks cakey. It helps the concealer to stop creasing, even in the hot weather. As it has a yellow base it brightens & slightly highlights the area. 

Banana powder will suit anyone from NC 36-44. If you are pale it will look darker or yellow on you, you may use the Ben Nye Cameo Powder instead.



Pros:
  • finely milled
  • amazing product to set the under eye concealer
  • doesn't creases
  • blends well
  • brightens & slightly highlights the under eye area
  • will suit warm skin tones
  • it keeps the shine away if used on T zone
  • doesn't gives powdery or cakey look
  • longwear 
  • quantity
Cons:
  • availability
Verdict: Im in love with this powder. Now I don't use any other compact or powders to set the under eye concealers. I love the finish it gives. It doesn't looks powdery or too made up! It will surely be a repurchase. If you are pale then this particular one wont suit you, you can use the Cameo powder. I wish it was easily available.

Have you used Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder? If yes then leave your thoughts below. & if not, I highly recommend to give this a try!

15 comments:

  1. Nice review :) I have been using MAC Transparent finishing powder and it does look cakey at times. Have to finish it off with Fix+. Alomost out of it now. Where did you buy this from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh too bad! this is a no mess product, definitely give it try! I got it from my near by beauty store.

      Delete
    2. Thanks...will try to pick it up the next time I come to Mumbai

      Delete
  2. i am buying it next time i go to beauty shop....but the sa's are soo unhelpful there....always busy in their own stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes you should get this one.. & yes you are right, they seem to be so irritating at times!

      Delete
  3. I see every other YT guru using this one or the cameo powder , else Chanel powder!! I am just too comfortable with my Lakme Rose Powder because of the price and the quanity. Nevertheless, I might be picking this one in my next trip to Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one shouri...gud u reviewed it..otherwise..I wud have tortured u...by asking again n again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ami! if i would not have reviewed it, you would have killed me i know! :P

      Delete
  5. Nice review ....:) have to chk this one but I am quiet sure it is unavailable in any beauty store of Kolkata :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review :) I liked Mac's prep + prime for the concealer part, but I wanted an inexpensive alternative. This looks nice but I have no idea where to buy it from :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya this is a good alternative! availability is an issue!

      Delete
  7. I love Ben nye products but lately finding them a bit less satisfying than their competitors like Kryolan and NYX...I always feel something incomplete about the brand...ur review is lovely and trust me this powder is always in demand...

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...