Tuesday 11 December 2012

Ben Nye Rouge Contour in 3- Review, Photos, FOTD

Hey Gurls!
Today Il be reviewing the a matte bronzer that I finally got after hunting for a very long time. Bronzing & contouring is a very important regime in my makeup routine.  It seems that brands in India don't launch matte bronzers or only bronzers infact! It always very difficult to find  a good bronzer. I know MAC has it... but at the same time I dint wanted to shell out that amount of cash. & then I came to know Ben Nye got launched in India & tadaaaaaa!!!! I knew I was getting this!
What It says...
Layer 2 or more shades to emphasize facial contours. Apply to powdered skin for best results & tone down with loose powder, If desired. Expect 100-250 application.

Price: I think it was Rs 475/- ??!!! But il update once its confirmed!



What I say...
Ben Nye Rouge Contour is a matte contouring powder. I love it that its 100% matte. It comes in a cute black rubberized case (I believe like the NARS packaging) with a transparent lid.

When swatched its very dark. But it blends out very well & can be worn very lightly to give a subtle contour all over the face. Or can be easily built up without making your cheeks look powdery or dirty. I use this to contour my cheeks, side of my nose & jaw line. I noticed that when used with a standard angle contouring brush the product doesn't looks right on me. I cant describe it properly but its like not blended on to the skin. I use a small round top brush to contour the cheeks. & a Vega blending brush  (MAC 217 & Sigma E) to define the cheeks more when I need the look like that.
The texture is super soft & super pigmented. Noticed very less powdery fall outs. It has a very long weartime too. It lasted on my oily skin for about 8hrs!
As it is very richly pigmented please be careful while using it. I suggest dusting off the excess & using very light hand 1st & then building it up as required.


& Here I'm wearing it..

Pros:
  • good packaging
  • super pigmented
  • soft texture
  • blends well
  • buildable
  • will suit alot of skin tones
  • doesn't look powdery, muddy
  • less powdery fall outs
  • need a less amount of product to use, so will last a very long time
  • long wear time
Cons:
  • availability
Verdict: Im in love with this bronzer! If you think this shade is too dark for you, there are 2 more shade available in this range. I try to use it as many times as possible as getting ready in the morning is a different saga all together! This shade gives the perfect contour shade that I require.
I highly recommend it to everyone who likes to contour & give definition to the face! If you still haven't ventured out on face contouring, do give it a try! You will noticed what a major difference it does to your face!

Hope you liked this post!

30 comments:

  1. love this and i love my mua bronzer too..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks alot! Oh i have called fr that bronzer as well!

      Delete
  2. am newbie to bronzer..orderd MUA..so let me get pro den will try this one..but its luking lovey on u... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh seems like an awesome bronzer Shouri!!! and i am totally in love with your OMBRE lips babe! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's on your lips ? please tell me

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo la la..its awesome gal...looks good on u :)
    but i love my rimmel london blush...ha ha
    will review sometime..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry rimmel london bronzer..hehhe
      will try this one for sure :P

      Delete
    2. hehe! thanks alot tej! do the review soon!

      Delete
  6. wow loved the pigmentation and the way u sculpted your face awesome :)
    i so adore your makeup alwaz :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh i was badly looking for a matte bronzer..n its soooooo affordable ..i wish i lived in mumbai :((
    n gosh u look super gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey may it will come there too!
      thanks alot doll! :*

      Delete
  8. omg i want this product soo much...where can i get this in mumbai ? beauty palace or beauty shop ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi prayati! you can get it at both the places!

      Delete
  9. sounds lik a great product :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously tadaaa.... 75% of people dnt even knw abt bronzers n what they do....Lol
    and our Indian brands i guess will never make any!!! so we have to look for it like some treasure hunt.. hahaha....
    bt the bronzer seems amazing and yay!!! for a matte one.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes nats its a gud one! :)
      & seriously they should make some good bronzers... hope they hear our plead!

      Delete
  11. Nice product... Loved how well u contoured ur face here..dear!
    I got the Jordana bronzer that works very well for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. It isn't available online anywhere is it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read a review regarding Ben Nye makeup from a blogger and what I've noticed is its good packaging too. Since i have a round face this contouring power suits me well.

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...