Saturday 23 March 2013

Skincare Routine! Oily Acne Prone Skin.

Hey Gurls!
So after more than a year of blogging, I'm here today with my skincare post! I have been struggling to get the products right & then do the post, as i dint wanted to publish something just for the sake of doing it.
So these are all the products that I use.. no not all on daily basis.. but I can never have just 1 product & stick to it. I like having different options, & it actually depends on my mood what I use. Yes! use of products depends on my mood! Im a Cancerian & I have mood swings! ^-^

Anyways.. Lets jump into the post. I have very oily skin, acne prone. I stay in polluted hot & humid climate of Mumbai. & these are the products I use & is working for me..

 My CTM products:
  • The Body Shop Deep Cleansing Facial Wash: This is my go to facewash. Removes dirt & oil effectively & leaves my skin feeling fresh. I used it everyday after coming back home from work.
  • Clean & Clear Deep Action Oil Control Facewash: I love this facewash. It's thick & creamy. I love how deeply it cleanses the skin & leaves it matte without drying it. I use this every morning.
  • Nivea Sparkling Glow Extra Cell Repair Fainess Facewash: This wasn't bought, but came free with a nivea body lotion. I never by fairness products. But this is not a bad product. I actually like it. It does the same job like the clean & clear one but leaves the skin matte & bright. 
  • Skinetica Anti Blemish toner: This was sent to me by the brand. Im still testing it out. & will review it soon! I usually use it at night.
  • Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF: This is an amazing product. I wonder how I was living without it. I doesn't leaves my skin greasy & goes amazing under makeup.
  • Vichy Normaderm Global Anti- Imperfection Hydrating Care : This I bought for day time. But it doesn't works well under makeup, its quiet thick & heavy. So I use it only when Im at home. It does hydrates but leaves my skin greasy.


  • Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer: Works really well for my skin. I use it at night. It hydrates & leaves no greasiness behind. It works great under makeup too.
Exfoliants: 
  • Nivea Pure Effects Total Face Cleanup: Its a 3 in 1 product, but use it as a scrub. Use it once in a week. It exfoliates well & leaves the skin a little brighter, just for sometime.
  • Vedic Line Neem & Brahmi Scrub: This is a thick green color scrub. It does reduces the acne & blemish marks after regular use. It helps to brighten up my skin. It leaves my skin super soft & smooth without making it feel tight.
Eye Creams & Sun Blocks:
  • Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch: I usually dont use sunblocks, as I use a moisturizer & foundation that already has SPF. But then when Im not wearing any makeup & I need to step out this is what I use.
  • Clarins UV+ HP SPF 40 Day Sunscreen Protection: As said above! This too is in my vanity. Its just a sample that I had got in my Vellvette Box & Im still using it.
  • Vedic Line Bio Under Eye Cream: I use this at night. It moisturizes & hydrates. It does help a bit with the under eye circles. After using this I realized I wanted an under eye gel for the day time so ended up the below product
Acne Control: 
  • Brihans Aloe Vera Gel: I use this to calm irritated skin, erupting acne. It works well to soothe my skin. I don't use it all over the face, only on the cheeks & 
  • Magnathrocin: This is prescribed, but this does wonders! The biggest of breakouts are just gone by the morning. I totally love this. After using this major breakouts are at the bay.
  • Origins Super Spot Remover: I used it for sometime on the breakouts, but this drys out the skin. It drys out the breakout overnight, & in the morning you will just have a little bump remaining.
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: Love this stuff! I have gone thru many bottles of this. It helps to reduce the acne but it cant reduce it overnight. I use it to reduce the past acne marks.
Face Masks:

I use alot of facemask that goes into my skincare regime! But il do a separate detailed post for the same.

Hope this post was helpful & informative to you!
I love skincare products, so I have alot in my regime. Do let me know if you use any of these products!


16 comments:

  1. i love this post.. it looks like u have made it for me.. i have oily and acne prone skin.. i have bookmarked this post.. will buy few things from ur recommended products.. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really! glad it helped you sharmishtha! try the face washes & tea tree oil.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shouri :) nice post. You re so detailed about skin-care. I realised its importance only after I started blogging. It makes a lot of difference you know. I hardly ve breakouts or skin care problems now 'Touch-wood'. BTW how is your work going?? I hardly see you online nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ray, skin care is very imp to me. be blessed with great skin!

      Delete
  3. nice post..i am using the nivea total clean up and neutrogena ultra sheer and totally loving it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it.. i have oily and acne prone skin..was thinking to chang my products as summers approaching.... will definetly buy few things from ur recommendation:)
    would be waiting for face-packs post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post :) i have exactly the same skin type and it gets worse in summers :( i am using almost the same products leaving apart the face packs..and vedic line products.. B.Liv spotless serum works great too for reducing the acne and blemishes..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..lovely post rimi...quite helpful..
    Thnx for sharing dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the post!! You take care of ur skin so well!! I am so busy dat inspite of knowin all d do's and dont's I still dont pay attention to my skin... But so inspired!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally a different and nice post...hmm now m thinking of buying few stuffs...by seeing your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice blog creation and provided product detail. we are also using very good product to Skin Care Product http://www.xiconline.com/

    ReplyDelete

  10. Great post. If they are familiar with each other, it should make for an interesting game.does raspberry ketone really work for weight loss |more info |official website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing..does raspberry ketones work |does raspberry ketone really work |raspberry ketone reviews

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...