Thursday 18 April 2013

My Skincare Routine: Masks For Oily Skin

Hey Gurls!
I posted my Skin Care Routine a few days back & I also had a picture of this facemask box in the end promising to do a separate post for it soon! So here im today doing it!

I keep all my masks in this Urbantouch box. Too bad they have shut down, I really love recycling/ reusing such cardboard boxes for storage.

So these are the face masks that I have.

  • Khadi Acne & Pimple Powder: This is like a cooling mask for irritated skin. It does helps to help calm down acne & blemishes. This smells like camphor. It relaxes the skin & gently exfoliates. I prefer applying it only over the break outs & not all over the face.
  • Khadi Herbal Face Pack Powder Tulsi & Neem: This is  deep cleansing, purifier mask. It exfoliates gently, helps removes acne, makes the skin remarkably smooth & healthy looking, not drying & very inexpensive.
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Pack: Some how this doesn't works great for. I just apply this on the break outs only overnight. By morning it reduces the inflammation a bit.
  • The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask: This is my favorite mask ever! Seaweed range works great for my skin & so does this mask. This is a clarifying, detoxifying mask. It helps get rid of excess oil & leaves the skin super clean & bright. It deep cleanses the pores. I use this once a week. It is a bit pricey, but I highly recommend if you have oily skin.
  • Aura Vedic Cleansing Ubtan Mask: This is one more deep cleansing mask. It leaves the skin radiant & glowing. Its 100% natural. Makes the skin soft & smooth. But leaves a bit of a yellow tint. So I use this at night before bed. I use this once a week.
  • Vedantika Herbals Instant Glow Face Pack: I had got this in my Jan Enchantess Bag I guess! I really love this one. It gently exfoliates, has a strong camphor like smell. It helps reduce acne & redness. Takes away excess oil & leaves the skin soft & supple & glowing. I'l definitely buy one more pack.
  • Multani Mitti: I dont know what brand it this but you can get it at your near by medical store. It is all in one mask. Deep cleanses, takes away excess oil, leaves the skin bright & super cleans but may be a bit drying. I use it once a month.
  • Lotus Clay White Black Clay Skin Whitening Face Mask: I use this once in 2 weeks to get rid of the tan. It helps to give you a clean & bright skin & it helps remove the tan. It feels a little tingling when applied. It has small granules so it helps exfoliate too. It may be a bit drying if used during winters.
  • Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Mask: This is a very bright blue mask. It is quiet thick in consistency. It makes my skin soft & smooth. It will suit all skin types. I use it 1 or 2 times in a week.
  • Clinique Anti- Blemish Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask: This is a white clay mask. It helps to unclog pores & remove excess oil. It doesn't helps to reduce acne, but does a good job of cleaning the skin. As I have other masks that does the same job I use it once in 2 or 3 weeks.
  • Himalaya Purifying Neem Pack: This is a new addition. I have used it twice till now & really have been loving it. It deep cleanses the pores, reduces the acne inflammation, redness & leaves the skin super smooth & bright. This is a must have for problem skin.
  • Vichy Normaderm Tri Activ Cleanser: I use this once a week. It is a 3-in-1 product. It s a great deep cleansing mask. I keep it on for 10 mins until dry then wash off. It has a scrub type texture so it exfoliates very well. As this exfoliates very deep so I use it once a week, mostly on weekends.
  • Lakme Clean Up Mask: This too is a new addition. Have used it only twice till now. But I quiet like the soft glow it gives to the skin & leaves it smooth & fresh.

The reason I have so many masks: I have oily skin, & I travel everyday to work in Mumbai heat. I wear makeup everyday, so after coming home I need to take off all the gunk from my face & deep clean it. I don't use the exfoliating masks every day, but one of these mask will always be there on my face alteast 5 days in a week.
I also apply home made masks with besan, milk, honey, turmeric & all that jazz.

Hope this post was helpful enough to you! Let me know your favorite facemasks! I would love to try them!


16 comments:

  1. good post as i also have oily skin and i know how important to keep the skin clean and nice :)
    http://itskrisworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya exactly, to keep it oil free & acne free the same time! :P

      Delete
  2. loved the post ! same skin type as urs will def trysome of these this summers, im recently got himalaya mud mask,hvnt used it much to form an opinion though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oe so many colorful masks u have.. :P nice post btw.. Will surely refer to this while buying few masks for myself.. But u know I'm a lazy bum :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! ya sure! do get the do get the khadi ones!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for BLUE face mask. :D
    where can I get Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Mask??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D you can get it online on medplus

      Delete
    2. not available there :( I cannot see this one :(

      Delete
  5. i also have oily skin..and i can understand the importance of healthy skin in summer..nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i might give tat freeman dead sea mask a try... also where can we get purederm online? hv been wanting to try them for long....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! its quiet good! you can get purederm on medplus.

      Delete
  7. Lovely collection, where did you get the freeman mask? I've been hunting everywhere but can't find it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others.

    facial clay mask

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...