Friday 15 February 2013

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner- Review, Photos!

Hey Gurls,
So this is the 1st time I have repurchased a toner! I rarely repurchase a skin care product, & if I do it means that's my favorite & I really enjoy using it or it works really well for my skin. I'm talking about The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner.


What it says...

This alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner helps to rebalance combination skin.
  • Purifies
  • Refreshes
  • Prepares skin for moisturiser
Apply to face and neck after cleansing and before moisturising, using a cotton pad.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae (Seaweed Extract) (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack Extract) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis sativus (Cucumber Extract) (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Price: Rs 645/- for 200ml

What I say..
If you read my post regularly, you may know that my skin is oily & a bit acne prone. I used to use the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner before this & absolutely hated it. I thought as my skin is so oily let me use a toner for oily skin & see how it works because toner meant for acne skin is just not working. So I picked up the Seaweed Travel size kit which had this toner & 3 other products.
This toner comes in a slim bottle with a flip top cap. The toner is light like water & has a slight tint.

I take about 6-7 drops on a cotton round & work it all across my face & neck after washing my face. It instantly gives a refreshing & cooling feeling as it contains menthol. I does a great job of deep cleansing, which ever face wash you use after using this toner you will find some traced of dirt or makeup on the cotton round. No other tones had done this before. I also have a little open pores near my cheeks, it does helps to reduce them if used regularly. It gives a shine free finish to the skin.

It doesn't leaves the skin tight or irritated. It doesn't drys out. It's THE toner for oily skin. It keeps me oil free for about 3 hours.

As said before, the tea tree skin clearing toner dint work for me neither it helped to reduce breakouts. I have noticed a visible reduction of break out after using this. I used to get a volcanic size sometimes, but now those pesky ones doesn't comes at all! (yaaayyy *happy dance* happy dance*)

Pros:
  • deep cleanses
  • refreshes
  • leaves a cool feeling on the skin
  • keep me oil free for about 3 hours
  • reduced break outs
  • helps reduce open pores
  • alcohol free
Cons:
  • some may not like the smell, but i like it!

Verdict:  This has become my favorite toner & I confess I cannot stay without it! If you get breakouts due to oily skin I recommend to give this a try & oily girls you should try this if you haven't!
If you wear makeup or travel alot, you know what a deep cleansed feeling feels like! & this product does it exactly.

Have you tried The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner? Or any product from this range?

12 comments:

  1. Nice Review Rimi :) I have never used Body shop things :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ra! U shud try tbs products! Esp the body butters n masks.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I used the tea tree one too and unfortunately it didnt work fir me either. In the sea-weed range I have used the pore reducing serum. Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dear havent used that.. m using the night serum btw.

      Delete
    2. I have tried that. I somehow don't like this whole range.

      Love
      http://www.meghasarin.com

      Delete
  3. my fabindia teatree toner is about to get over...i guess i'l buy this next....and shouri do u know if the sale is still going on at tbs ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes give this a try. Yes the sale is still on u can get urs @ 10% off!

      Delete
  4. Have to get this ! But tbs has hiked their prices which is super lame x(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. I don't really like this seaweed range.

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete

Want to say some thing? Please feel free to leave a comment below! I will definitely reply you!

Kind request not to leave your blog links in the comments unless anything specific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...